Is WordPress the best Content Management System?
One of the most popular CMS across the globe is WordPress. Not only it is the first choice of bloggers, but the best platform to develop a simple website. Definitely, it is not a typical CMS. It has been modernized with hundreds of new plugins. Beginners can look forward to this CMS.
Why WordPress is the best Content Management System?
- Firstly, WordPress is very easy. It does not demand the knowledge of PHP, nor HTML unlike Drupal, Joomla or Typo3 does.
- WordPress plugins are easily available on the internet. You get a variety of plugins for WordPress that can be installed within no time. Nevertheless, most of these plugins are for free.
- Even the templates are free of cost. Hence, anytime you can change the look of the website.
- This platform proves to be a useful support for large communities of users.
- Coming to the menu management feature, WordPress offers extended functionalities that can be modified to include categories, pages etc.
- The non-standard fields can be easily added that allows your blogs and subpages to have additional labels, categories and descriptions.
What makes WordPress a least preferred option for CMS?
- You need some amount of PHP understanding for modification of fields. Most of the developers have this knowledge. Modifications are subject to occasional changes.
- As mentioned earlier, if you want to develop a simple website, WordPress is the best option. However, if you wish to create a fancy and unique look, you need to have a good knowledge of CSS and HTML.
- It has been said that too much of plugins were introduced for WordPress to complete with Joomla! and Drupal. A lot of these plugins affect the efficiency of the script. Moreover, some of the plugins have clones. Selecting the right plugin may consume some time. Hence, the script becomes unprotected.
- Modifying tables or graphics format can be more complicated than in other applications like Quick.Cms or Joomla.
- Queries can be complex since all additional non-standard fields that make WordPress a CMS, require additional syntax.
So, what is the conclusion?
WordPress is a very good script to create a simple website. It is one of the easiest platforms to use. A number of plugins are available for free that fulfil the needs and specifications. It is a great choice for beginners and bloggers. However, if you are looking for something advanced, Joomla and Drupal are more advisable.
Technople Solutions are one of the leading Content Management Systems providers in India. We keep your web pages updated by using WordPress and Drupal.
For further details and enquiries, feel free to get in touch with us on +91 – 22 – 28636247 or write to us on email@example.com
Thanks for reading our blog.